How often you end up downloading a game demo or buying a full game and then find that your system specifications are inferior than that required by the Game making it impossible to run the Game on your system? Even though every Game recommends some Minimum system requirements but most people are not so sure of even their own system or even if they do, they cant distinguish if their System specs fullfill that minimum requirement.
Today we will talk about a simple online utility “Can you run it“. You need to download an ActiveX or Java Plug-in component called SysReqLab.cab, SRLApplet or System Requirements Lab to use this.Just select the game from a wide dropdown list and run it.
- Get your complete report in seconds including upgrade suggestions for your computer.
- Only your system’s hardware and system software are evaluated.
- No personally identifiable information is collected.
- Works on Windows XP, 2000, 2003, Vista and 7.
- Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- You will need to give your permission to download a secure ActiveX/Java browser component.
- You can easily uninstall the ActiveX/Java browser component when the analysis is complete.
After you click this, a small ActiveX or Java Plug-in component is used to scan your Hardware. When I was testing it, the download of java component didnt worked, but it worked fine in IE.
I ran the scan on my Desktop and checked it for FIFA 11 if it can be run on my system. As I was expecting, the result was FAIL which means I cant.
It gave me the upgrade recommendation for the Hardware i.e. I needed to upgrade or buy a New graphics Card.
Keep in mind , the ActiveX or Java tool gets only downloaded if you permit it to, No personal information is gathered during this and you can even remove that after you have done your testing.
Do you know anything similar? Just share with us.
PS: Thanks Ha14 for talking about it.