Some of you may remember my post about Alldup , a simple utility to detect and remove duplicate files from your system. Today we will talk about another such utility which can detect and remove duplicate files easily from your computer. These are great utilities if you have got loads of files on your system either getting accumulated due to regular internet downloads or your working on too many files.
With CloneSpy you can process files which
- are duplicates
- are duplicates and have the same file name
- have the same file name
- have the same file name and (approximately) the same size
- are zero bytes long
CloneSpy can handle equal files by
- deleting redundant files
- moving redundant files to a specific folder
- exporting a list of all equal files without removing any files
- deferring file operations on redundant files to a batch file where you can apply arbitrary file operations
- replacing redundant files with shortcuts or hard links (NTFS) to retained files
The interface though is not so user friendly as it may confuse a average computer user on what to do and how to run it. You need to add folder or drive to it to check for duplicate files. You can define the search criteria and the action to be taken if files match your search criteria. After that, just click on “start scanning” and it will find the duplicate files instantly or within some time depending on the size of folder or drive you have selected.
It worksÂ on Windows XP/Vista and even Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit version) .Give it a try and share your feedback in comments section. You can download Clonespy here.