If you are one of those users who browse the web too much and hence had to keep track of loads of webpages in one form or another by using some form of Bookmarks, Linkman is a great tool for you. Linkman is basically short form of Link Manager which can manage loads of bookmarks, URLs etc by integrating itself into almost every popular browser i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Opera.
Whenever you add any bookmark in any browser that it supports, the bookmark is instantaneously available in all browsers on the system. It can even import and synchronize your existing bookmark collections & export bookmarks from many other formats.
To be honest, this tool is not for Novice or even average users. Unless you are a advance user, you will find this tool too complicated. The reason being, it got loads of options along with a complex interface which suits Professional or advanced users only. It even lets you retrieve keywords and descriptions automatically when you add bookmarks.
- Â Supports keywords, ratings, comments, descriptions, shortnames and user defined data
- Use the same link collection across different browsers (automated synchronization between Firefox, IE and other browsers)
- Synchronization support to share links between multiple computers [Linkman Pro only]
- Ability to handle large databases (even millions of links) without performance or stability issues
- Optional installation on removable drives like USB sticks [Linkman Pro only]
- Desktop Toolbar for fastest browsing ever
- Internet Explorer integration
- Firefox integration
- Highly customizable user interface
- Detects duplicate links, even if they differ in subdomains, ports or login data
- Query for Bookmarks on the same domain or subdomain and display results in groups
- User defined rating system
- Password generator
- Extensive help file including Tutorial
- Ability to check Bookmarks for dead links, intelligent (only major) content changes, and page movements [Linkman Pro only]
- Retrieves keywords, descriptions and retrieve custom metatags from web pages
- Proxy support with authentication, permanent (LAN) or Dial-Up Internet connections
- Direct Internet Explorer Favorites support (including correct item order)
- Multiple import & export formats e.g Firefox Bookmarks, Powermarks, SeaMonkey, Opera Hotlist, Html, Separated Value files
- Link search in any data file
- Editable Export Templates (XML, TSV…) with UTF8 support [Linkman Pro only]
- Fully customizable Html Link webpage generation
- Search and Replace
- Text and Status Query
- Link Collector
- Printing support
- Password protection
- Sort feature with multiple sort orders and autosort
- Drop Basket for faster browsing and Bookmark addition
- Bookmark Path associated launch
- Bookmark Launch History
- Fast Links for fast access to your favorite Bookmarks
- Daily Links feature for regularly visited sites
- Full Drag and Drop support including link drops from browser to Linkman
- Advanced Tray Icon (configurable actions)
- User defined browser support
- Auto save
- System-wide hotkeys for easy use, even when working with another application
It lets you find your bookmarks very quickly using the search function. Just start typing the keyword and you will get the results almost instantaneously. You can even install it on a portable USB drive letting you carry all your bookmarks everywhere you go. It even checks the bookmarks for any changed content or dead links using the “Bookmark Validation” feature which lets you retrieve missing link names, descriptions, keywords and customizable meta tags.
It also lets you password protect all your bookmarks either fully or partially i.e. you can make some portions of Bookmarks as public and remaining as private.
It is available in a Lite and Pro Version with lite version being free with limited features.
Thanks to Outertech, we are giving away 10 Licenses of Linkman Pro to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw. We will do the draw twice .
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Tell us using comments, why you would like to have a license for this application.
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).