These days we keep hearing about 3D movies coming in theaters, even 3D TVs coming out from different manufacturers. As many of you know, we need a pair of Anaglyph (red-cyan) 3D glasses to view the 3D content either in the theater or even on a 3D TV. Usually, any 2D video even if viewed with those 3D glasses will still remain as a 2D movie. But using 3D Video Player you can watch any normal 2D Video or Movie in 3D using the glasses plus the player.
3D Video Player enables you to watch any movie or video in HQ red cyan 3D format on-the-go simply by activating anaglyph 3D mode. Achieve maximum 3D effect by manually adjusting levels of 3D Shift and 3D Depth in your video.
With this 3D player you can watch 3D movies not only in theaters, but create your own and enjoy them anywhere you like.
The player is quite simple and you can use it just like any other player. Just download it and install it on your system. You can just open any Video or movie file inside the player and you can play it either in 2D or 3D. By default, the video will play in 2D mode. To watch the video in 3D mode, just click on the 3D button on the player and the player uses the on-the-fly Conversion to 3D using 3D Shift & 3D Depth controls.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 â€“ x32 or x64
- IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢2 Duo or AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 CPU or higher
- 1GB of system memory (2GB is recommended)
- Dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (e.g. NVIDIAÂ® GeForceÂ® GPUs)
- Any LCD or CRT display
- and of course Anaglyph (red/cyan) glasses!
Even though the system requirement says that you need a dedicated GPU, still you can use it on a normal system with good amount of RAM and Processor. And the most important part, you need the 3D glasses to view the 3D effects. Without the 3D glasses, the Video will look a blurry just as the case with any 3D movie in theater or on a 3D TV. If you don’t have 3D glasses or don’t want to buy it, you can create one easily in your home. Follow the tutorial how to make your own 3D glasses.
Honestly, I cannot test that how good the 3D video is as I don’t have a 3D glass with me and hence was unable to view the 3D effects. But if it does perfectly what it says it do, then its a great player to have.
3D Video Converter
3D Video Converter enables you to convert regular 2D videos to anaglyph red cyan 3D format. The program also includes free accompanying 3D Video Player for you to initially adjust the levels of 3D Shift and 3D Depth as desired to see a preview of your future 3D video.
I had some issues while testing it and I was unable to use it properly. I am not sure why. May be due to some issues with 64 bit OS. Perhaps someone else may confirm this for me.
Thanks to Mary, we are giving away 20 Licenses ofÂ 3D Video Player and 3D Video Converter (each) to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw. We will do the draw twice .
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Tell us using comments, why you would like to have a license for this application.
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).