Norton 360 is considered as an all in one solution for your system consisting of Antivirus, Firewall, Recovery tools, Parental control, local or secure online backups, spam filter, excellent password management, identity protection, performance boosting PCÂ optimisation tools and much more. Symantec has just released free Norton 360 version 6 beta to public and anyone can download it to test it on his system to take a look at whats in store when the final version comes out.
- Norton Protection System: Provides industry-leading security with four unique layers of powerful protection proven to proactively stop online threats before they can infect your computer.*
- Norton Management is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the internet.
- Norton Identity Safe: Secures, remembers, and automatically enters your website user names and passwords to prevent cybercriminals from stealing your information as you type. Now includes an online version, so you can share logins among additional PCs protected by Norton 2012 products
- Parental Controls Management: Lets you track your kidsâ€™ online activities through award-winning Norton Online Family, so you can help protect them from online dangers.
- Download Insight 2.0: Protects against dangerous applications by telling you if they may harm the health and stability of your computer before you install them
- Norton Recovery Tools help remove threats that can be deeply buried in a PC.
As it is the case with most of the Norton Products, you need not do any extra setup to configure any of the components of Norton 360. Everything should work on its own with its default settings. Default settings will work for majority of the users and only a few advance users would like to do some changes in those default settings.
You need to create an account with Norton before downloading the installer. Even though we can give you the direct link to Norton 360 version 6 beta installer, but you need to register to get a license key to start using the product. License key is being sent to the email address you provide during registration.Â The beta version license key comes with a validity of 14 days only and can be renewed after 14 days are over. Here is a small explanation from Norton forum about the 14 days validity of license key for Norton 360 beta.
Yes the subscription is only for 14 days. At that time you will be able to renew it for an additional 14 days if a new version has not been released. The new version will come with a new key and the same limitations. 14 days for the subscription and another 14 days for the renewal.
The purpose of the short subscriptions is to reduce the possibility that these beta version get too far from home. When the final release is available it will come with a one year subscription.
Honestly, I dont like the idea of License key being valid for 14 days only. It should be atleast 30 or 45 days to avoid hassles for the users who are testing your beta product.