Spam is almost a integral part of our emails these days and unless we got some effective anti spam tools associated with our email account, spam makes it to the Inbox bypassing the spam filters with your mail account. Mailwasher is a great Spam filter to check and manage your e-mails before you download them. It supports popular email clients like Outlook, Outlook Express, Incredimail, Thunderbird, Windows Mail, GMail, Hotmail and every other email program. Keep in mind, we are not talking of the web mail here but the mail we receive using Desktop clients as mentioned before.
IT can import your existing accounts from your email clients very easily and then you can run it. Using it is quite simple as explained in the screenshot below. Apart from normal features, it has some great antispam tools built in which can help you cut the spam to negligible by learning from you on how you classify your emails as good or spam.
Anti spam tools. Comprehensive anti spam tools ranging from your personal friends list and blacklist, customizable filters, external blacklists, bayesian spam filtering which quickly learns to distinguish your spam and good email and email virus filtering.
- Friends List. Add your friends email addresses to MailWasher and they will always be recognised. You can even hide your friends from the screen so the spam is easy to recognise.
- Filtering. Effective filtering to automatically spot spam, plus it uses a customisable list of blacklisted e-mail senders and/or regular expressions to filter out potential spammer addresses and messages.
- Bayesian spam filtering. This clever type of spam filtering learns which of your email is spam and which is not very quickly and accurately.
It comes in both Free version and paid one. Obviously, the free version comes with less features compared to Pro version. Today we will talk about both of them and will be offering few licenses of Pro version to our readers too.
Now the drawback, the tool is not fully integrated into the email client. You need to run it separately. Even though it can be fully used without opening your email client as it does have quite a bit of integration like if you hit the reply button, the Reply window from your email client opens. In our opinion, it must be fully integrated to the existing email clients right inside the client and should not be a separate tool.
Thanks to Russell, we are giving awayÂ 10 three year licenses for Mailwasher Pro to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw.
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Tell us using comments, why you would like to have a license for this application.
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).