Most of us have to deal with PDF files daily. In fact majority of files that we deal with at work everyday are these files. Generally we use free Acrobat Reader to read those PDF files, but if you need to do anything with those files, you cant do that unless you buy the pro version of Acrobat. There are some free alternatives available for performing various operations with PDF files including ways to create PDF files from other documents using virtual PDF printers like DoPDF. Today we will be covering one such tool calledÂ PDF Split and Merge which can split and merge PDF files for free.
Â PDF Split and Merge (PDFSam)
PDFSam is a free tool which can split and merge PDF documents is based on open source & java. Just download the installer and install it. The GUI is quite simple. On the right side column, you will find the options like Merge/ extract, Split, rotate etc. You need to just select the right option depending on what you want to do with files that you have.
- split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
- merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
- extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
- mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
- rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
- visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
- visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
- save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
- manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
Â e.g. if you want to merge many pdf files, just select all files using the Add option. Just arrange them in the order in which you want them to appear using the move up or down buttons. At the bottom interface just select the location and file name of the output file. After that just click on run. The tool will just merge all those PDF files and you will have a single file at the location you just selected.
Similarly, you can use the Split option to split a single PDF files into multiple files easily. As this is a open source free tool based on Java, you can use it easily without any issues on your system.
You can download PDFSam here.
Do share your feedback with us if you use this tool. If you use some other tool then also talk about that tool and may be we can cover that too here.