If you are an iPad2, iPad3 or iPhone4S owner and have upgraded your device firmware to iOS 5.1 and want to downgrade back to iOS 5.0.1, then thanks to the latest Redsn0w, you can do that. Before this release of Redsnow, it was not possible to downgrade firmware versions of A5 devices like iPad3, iPad2 or iPhone4S. This is made possible by implementing a hack by the team that allows A5 downgrades without a bootrom-level exploit. It was announced by the Dev Team in a blog post.
Starting with redsn0w version 0.9.11b1, those with newer devices (iPad2, iPad3, and iPhone4S) can join the downgrade fun too! Â In a radical departure from previous versions of redsn0w, it now directly supports restoring IPSWs to your device.
Downgrade iOS 5.1.1 to old firmware with Redsnow
- First Download Latest Firmware (5.1.1) for your devive from Here.
- After that, you should download Firmware that you are trying to restore or downgradeÂ your device to.
- Open redsn0w and navigate to Extras >Even More >Restore.
- Select “ISPW” and locate the Firmware from Step 2 and after that you should be prompted to locate the firmware for 5.1.1
- Just wait for it to finish and the firmware will be downgraded.
Jailbreak & Unlock Chart
If you are not sure about jailbreaking your device, the chart below created by DevTeam Blog moderators: slavakulikoff, 41willys & dhlizard be of great help in telling you what to do if you want to jailbreak your device or you should wait if jailbreak for your device is not available.
Original Jailbreak chart and its latest version can be found here.
Source : Dev-team Blog