Microsoft has released Windows Vista Service Pack 2 RC and is now available to general public for download. You can download the SP2 RC for Windows Vista.
The addition of select new features joins a host of bug fixes that are being prepared for the final release:
- SP2 contains Blue tooth 2.1 feature pack supporting the most recent specification for Blue tooth technology
- Ability to record data on Blu-Ray media,
- Adds Windows Connect Now (WCN) Wi-Fi Configuration to Windows Vista SP2,
- exFAT file system now supports UTC timestamps, which enables correct file synchronization across time zones.
- SP2 provides support for new form factors, such as ICCD/CCID. new form factor support â€“example USB form factor as opposed to PCMCIA).
- Support for the new VIA 64-bit CPU
As a note, SP2 requires that the system be prepared with SP1 prior to installation.
As Neowin notes, the Microsoft Web page still says the new bits are the beta bits. But they are actually the RC ones.
The final SP2 builds are widely expected to be out in April 2009.
Download: ISO Image
Download: Patch for WUAU update