Compressing files easily and effectively can be a big problem if youÂ don’tÂ have any good compression utility. We need compression utilities not only just for compressing them, but they are useful also if you need to send many files, folders instead of just one big file. You can just compress all your files and folders into a single file and then can send it through email if the size permits. Today we will talk about WinRAR which is not only a great compression utility, but it does so many things like locking files, folders with password etc apart from compressing them.
RAR is a powerful tool allowing you to manage and control archive files. Console RAR supports archives only in RAR format, which names usually have a “.rar” extension. ZIP and other formats are not supported. Windows users may install GUI RAR version – Â WinRAR, which is able to process much more archive types.
- Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
- Special compression algorithms optimized for text, audio,Â graphics data, 32 and 64-bit Intel executables
- Better compression than similar tools, using ‘solid’ archiving
- Authenticity verification (registered version only)
- Self-extracting archives and volumes (SFX)
- Ability to recover physically damaged archives
- Locking, password, file order list, file security & more …
1. Light weight on system resources
2. Right click context menu integration
3. Small installer size, less than 2 Mb.
4. Ability to create Self-extracting archives and volumes (SFX)
5. Ability to recover physically damaged archives, using the recovery record
6. Compared to WinZip the compression is better.
7. Lot of Themes are available.
8. Command line support.
9. Settings could be imported/exported as .REG file.
10. Ability to add Information to the rar file.
11. Continuous addition of new features from the developer.
12. Supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, WinZip, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
13. Supports data encryption using 128 bit password encryption.
14. The RAR creation Wizard is very simple, and easy to use.
15. Allows different modes of compression such as fastest, fast, normal, good and best.
16. Allows splitting the resulting rar file into several parts based on predefined values or user-defined values.
17. Ability to create Log file.
18. Simple & easy settings.
19. Multilingual and support 45 languages.
20. Separate 64-bit Version installer is available.
21. Background archiving to continue work without eating on CPU.
22. Ability to Organize passwords which shows as a drop down list.
23. Ability to generate a report/ print /write to html.
Thanks to WinRAR, we are giving away 10 license keys ofÂ WinRAR to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw.
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Tell us using comments, why you would like to have a license for this application.
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).