When a single PC is used by 2 or more than 2 people very often people feel that it would be nice to have everyone IM logged in all the time, if the no of people are 2 then one can use the gtalk messenger and the other can use gmail, but when there are more than 2 people it becomes difficult. In this post we show you how to run multiple copies of gtalk at the same instant with every copy logged into a different account. The procedure goes thus
- Browse to the gtalk shortcut through the start menu.Easy enough Start > All Programs > > Talk.
- Right click on the shortcut and click properties.
- In the properties dialog box , Â in the Target box you will see an address like “C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe”
- Just add a “/nomutex” Â after the address so that the target box now contains “C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex
5. Now whenever you use that shortcut a new gtalk window will open even if a copy is already running. You can use it to run as many copies as you want.