Malwarebytes Antimalware is the best Anti-malware tool available to get rid ofÂ the toughest Malware from your system if it gets infected even though your system had a Good antivirus installed. As most of you know that Malware is written to target critical and sensitive information like your keystrokes, logins, passwords, address book, data, credit card information. MalwarebytesÂ Antimalware helps you fight these Malware and keeps you safe.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start. The Proactive Protection Module keeps your system safe and secure with advanced heuristic scanning technology. The comprehensive Threats Center keeps you up-to-date with the latest malware threats.
Free Edition Features
- Advanced Malware Detection and Removal
- Industry Proven Clean-up Technologies Eradicate Existing Malware
- Rapid Response Malware Database and Heuristics Updates
- Access to our Expert Community and Knowledgeable Support Team
- Multi-Language Support (currently 35 and counting!)
Pro Edition Features (Additional to Free)
- Real-Time Active Malware Prevention Engine Blocks Known Threats
- Heuristic Protection Prevents New Zero Day Malware Infections
- Malicious Website Protection Blocks Access to Known and Zero Day
- Automatic Priority Updates and Scheduled Scanning
- Blazing Fast Flash Scans
Even the free edition is good enough for most users who have a good antivirus engine installed on their System. You can just use it as an on demand scanner as or when required. You can just run it periodically in a week or two weeks to remove any malware that successfully bypassed your antivirus. It can be installed with your existing Antivirus solution without any compatibility or performance issues.
Installation and updates
The installation file is less than 10 MB which is much less than any other security product available. After the first installation, it will update its definitions from the web server if you have a working internet connection. The updates too are not that big and usually in the range of ~5MB. You can just update the definitions and then you can start using it. Every time you run it, it will check for updates available.
MBAM Scan (Three Types)
It comes with loads of features as mentioned above. There are three types of scans available Quick Scan, Full Scan and Flash Scan. The best one is the Quick scan which even though scans your system for any malicious software pretty quick. If you want a deeper scan, you can go for a full system scan. If you want to just have a look on the memory objects and auto runs on your system, you can do a flash scan and it will scan all applications running inside the memory at that moment and any auto run applications to find out if any malware is running too.
Delete Locked Files
It also comes with a additional tool called FileASSASSIN which can be used to delete files that are locked in one form or the otherÂ and you can not delete these files using the normal conventional method.
Real time Protection
When you enable the features of Pro Version, you can get additional features. Even with free version, you can enable them for a month by changing it to trial mode. Pro version comes with a real-time protection module which means that your it starts running on your system in background just like your Antivirus. It keeps tab on anything bad that can happen to your system by watching out for malware.
Performance and Memory Footprint
Even when the real-time protection runs, no performance issues were detected and it ran with minimum system requirement. I tested MBAM on a system with just 1 GB of RAM along with Norton Antivirus 2012 installed on it. It ran smoothly without affecting any normal operation on the system.
Schedule Scans and Updates
You can use the Scheduler option to run a scan whether you need a full, quick or flash scan on a regular interval. You can even customise it on how to handle the scan and how to treat the threats if any, found during the scan.
Full scan on the C drive of my test system with about 50 GB of data on it took almost 1 hour to complete. Keep in mind, it has just 1 GB of RAM and I was working on the system simultaneously with few applications and a mail client running on it.
Thanks to Malwarebytes, we are giving away 15 lifetime license keys of Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw.
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Leave a comment below telling us why you need it. (Avoid using twitter, Facebook login to comment as I wont be able to get your email address to send you a email in case you win).
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).