One of the worst things about a Android device is low battery and the phone need to be recharged well within 24 hours even if you are using the phone moderately. Even with lowest usage of smartphone features, the phone need to charged in 2 days maximum. But whats the use of smartphone if you cannot use the smartphone features.
If you want to manage your phone manually to extend the battery life by switching off features like WiFi, GPS, 2G/3G and loads of other things on Android device, its very difficult.I tried to search some Android Apps available in Android market which claim to improve battery life, but most of them were not good enough and there was no battery life improvement. And finally I got hold of Juice defender which helps you manages various aspects of your Android Phone automatically which helps you extend the battery life.
- 5 preset profiles (from default mode to full customization)
- easy and intuitive user interface (ads free!)
- 2 home screen widgets
- mobile data toggle automation
- WiFi toggle automation + auto-disabling option
- location-aware WiFi control (e.g. enable WiFi only at home/work, disable it otherwise)
- battery consumption optimization (e.g. when screen off, battery under threshold, etc.)
- comprehensive connectivity scheduling (regular schedule, night time/peak time, week days/weekends)
- connectivity control for specific apps (e.g. when Pandora is running, leave connectivity on no matter what)
- full activity log
The free version gives you two presets default and aggressive. With aggressive profile set for your device, you can save at least 30-40% of battery life. If you want, you can even choose advanced or customized option. But most users must use the aggressive or default preset to save their Android phone battery. It works in the background and can also tell you how much battery is saved or extended after you started using the Juice Defender. Start using it and you will need to recharge your Android phone much less.
The free and paid version can be downloaded from android market. For most of us, Free version will be sufficient. But if you want more, then you can go for Juice Defender Ultimate version which costs ~$5.
Use the following QR code to download it from Android Market.
What about you guys? Which App do you use for Battery saving? Do share your feedback here.
PS: Thanks Ashwin for the tip.