Here is 18th Giveaway in series of Avinashtech Birthday Celebrations i.e. ABC 18. We are giving away 100 licenses of AnVir Task Manager today to readers of Avinashtech i.e. Avtechies.
PS: This review is done by one of our Forum Member Grr.
Reviewed AnVir Task Manager Version -6.3.1
AnVir Task Manager is an award-winning solution that controls everything running on computer, removes Trojans, speeds up computer, and tweaks Windows
**Monitor processes, services, startup programs; replace Task Manager
**Get rid of spyware and viruses that your antivirus missed
**Enhance and tune up XP, Vista or Windows 7
**Speed up your PC and Windows startup
Installation is pretty easy. Just be sure to uncheck the installation of Registry Cleaner Pro.Upon installation it adds entries to system startup.
A. Startup Tab.
Here it displays all the executables that would launch during system startup. It shows name, process and associated security risk.
Moreover the Startup items are categorized into Regular Startups and Internet Explorer. Regular Startups are further categorized into Registry, Files and Services.
In this way even a beginner-user would be able to identify where does the startup item fits in.
Tip: You could either disable or delete startup programs that you don’t need, and your PC will run much faster. But be careful before you do so!!
B. Applications Tab.
Here it shows all the active applications-associated processes and Status. Interesting thing is that it also has a column to show any application which is hidden to tray.
C. Processes Tab.
This is what I call the heart of this application. It lists all the processes on the system, including the details such as-Process, Product, Risk, Startup location, CPU usage, Disk load, Company and Executable file location.
Better part is that you could select to show even more information.
D. Services Tab.
Here it lists all the services for your windows OS as a whole. It also provides the details such as Name, Company, Security risk, State and Description. Note that you could change the state of any service, with a single mouse click.
E. Log Tab.
This is a very important part of this software. It keeps a log of all the activities on the system. No, it doesn’t logs your keystrokes, etc..lol. It logs the following system events:
* Processes created
* Processes terminated
* Windows created
You could save the log as Html.
From the logs we could see and identify trouble makers, if any; and take quick action.
1. Easy to install.
2. Small size
3. sits in system tray
4. Can have user specific icons in the system tray such as CPU usage, Hard drive temperature and disks activity, Laptop battery, Memory-RAM and Network inbound and outbound traffic.
5. Extensive information about everything on the system.
6. Good representation of the information as combination of Graphics and text.
7. Has an inbuilt system tweaker.
8. Monitors startup/autorun programs and notifies if a new startup program has been added. Provides options to allow, delete or disable.
9. Allow you to generate a “HiJack This” log (from File>save menu).
10. Provides additional buttons in the title bar for floating, rollup, hidetotray and OnTop.
11. Integrated option to scan any file from the interface/GUI with 30 Antivirus engines from VirusTotal.com.
12. Very light on system resources, takes up to 6412K of memory.
1. Comes bundled with extra stuffs such as Registry Cleaner Pro; pre-checked.
2. Does not identify my WD external -HDD correctly. I need to exit and open it up back.
3. Shows HDD space only in GB, neither in MB nor in TB. Cannot be configured, I guess.
Last but not the least. I saved it to give you all the final BIG blow!!
You could get very detailed information about any process by just double clicking it. It provides the following details:
*DLL – lists all the DLL files being used by the process.
*Files – lists all the files being used by the process.
Additionally it also gives details on the following:
*all the connections on the system
*all the drivers on the system
The overall complete picture which shows all the above and other features is shown below, taken from the developer’s site
I have 100 licenses of AnVir Task Manager to giveaway to Avtechies.Â The rules are simple. For being eligible to participate in contest/draw, you need to do the following:
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- After that, just leave your name and email address in the form by clicking this link.
- Leave a comment below telling why you would like to have AnVir Task Manager License.
Keep in mind, Multiple entries will disqualify you from the draw.
PS: One license is reserved for reviewer Grr and 2 licenses (Single user) for active Forum members/Avinashtech Staff. Rest will be decided by the draw through Random.org list randomiser.
Forum Discussion thread: AnVir Task Manager Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback