As speculated last week over the web, Google has announced a new Gmail Inbox bringing better controls with simple, easy organization of the loads of emails that usually lands in our Inboxes. This brand new Gmail is rolling out slowly to users across the web on desktop and mobiles including Android & iOS.
The new Inbox lets you easily customize the new inbox into different categories or tabs like:
- messages from friends,
- social notifications,
- deals and offers,
- confirmations and receipts, and
Apart from the categorization of the emails as stated above, some of the other things that you can do with the new inbox are :
- Â select tabs you want to have from all five to none,
- drag-and-drop to move messages between tabs,
- set certain senders to always appear in a particular tab
- star email messages to make them appear in the Primary tab.
Similarly for mobile devices on Android and iOS, similar enhancements likeÂ different categories or tabs and other features are being rolled out to the Android and iOS Gmail Apps.
It will take few weeks for the full rollout and you should keep an eye on keep an eye on the gear menu on the GUI and look for Configure inbox option when it appears in the Settings options.
Source: Gmail Blog