As expected, Microsoft has released theÂ Windows 8 Preview edition Â and is available for download. It is the second Windows 8 release after the initial Windows 8 Developer Preview edition in September last year and after that Windows 8 Consumer edition this February.
This new release comes in 14 languages and comes withÂ Internet Explorer 10, new Windows 8 apps for Hotmail, SkyDrive, Messenger and much more new & updated apps in the Windows Store. This release is going to be the last pre-release of Windows 8 and the next release or milestone will be RTM only, Release to Manufacturing.
Few noticeable Improvements
- Personalization options for the Start screen (including more colors!),
- Improved multi-monitor support,
- New Family Safety features
- Improvements to the Mail, Photos, and People apps
- Bing-powered Travel, News and Sports apps
- Internet Explorer 10 also has new capabilities like â€œflip aheadâ€
- Fully integrated secure and power-optimized Adobe Flash Player
- IE10 now comes with Do Not Track â€œonâ€ by default.
Download Windows 8 Release Preview
You can download Windows 8 Preview edition from Microsoft servers without any need to register there. Downloads are available in two formats i,e Web installer and ISO formats. I do prefer to download ISO files instead of web installers and recommend everyone else to do the same. Make sure to download using a good download manager which supports big files download and doesn’t corrupt large files download. Downloads are availableÂ here
The links and Product Key for Windows 8 Preview above are only for English Language downloads. If you want to download in other supported languages, just proceed to here.
Thumb rule here is if you can run Windows 7 on your PC, then you can easily run Windows 8 Preview too on your system. Still, here are the minimum system requirements.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.