Most of you are waiting to have a hand on windows 7. Many of you including me have tested the beta and RC versions of Windows 7. I used windows 7 for more than 2 months. Its great but for me a bit annoying with some features. One of the odd things that hit me was the new sidebar of windows 7.
I don’t like the way windows 7 taskbar treats the applications and open windows. I wanted to convert it to like that of Windows XP . All this lead to a bit of trial and error method with options of sidebar of windows 7. Finally I was able to find the solution in one of the forums.
1. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and, remove the checkmark from the item “Lock the taskbar; if there is”
2. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select “Properties” from the context menu
3. Put the checkmark next to “use small icons” and Select “Never combine” from the drop-down menu located near the “Taskbar buttons” and click OK
5. Right-click on each icon on the taskbar and select “Unpin this program from taskbar” from the context menu
6. Repeat this for all the programs in the taskbar.
7.Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and if you wish, put the checkmark in the “Lock the taskbar”.
That’s it, now you got back to the classic taskbar same as Windows XP.