Most of you are so lazy to click the custom option of installing any application on your PC.Â This small laziness results in installation of toolbars, applications you never wanted.
Most of the good applications give you option to deselect any apps included in that particular bundle. But many of the apps dont even give you that option. Some of the installers install toolbar apps by default untill you untick them.
Here’s a compiled list of almost all the Apps that bundle something or the other with their installs. The list is reproduced here with a bit of editing from
* Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition – Google Chrome
* Adobe Flash Player – Google Toolbar
* Adobe Reader – eBay Desktop
* Advanced SystemCare formerly known as Iobit advanced one care – Yahoo Toolbar (selecting no will still do changes on the system)
* AOL Instant Messenger – AOL Toolbar
* Appleâ€™s Software Updater – Safari Browser, QuickTime, iTunes
* Applian FLV Player – Yahoo Toolbar
* Auslogics Registry Defrag – Ask Toolbar
* Auslogics System Information – Ask Toolbar
* AVG LinkScanner (standalone and free) AVG Security toolbar is Yahoo Toolbar
* AVG 8 – AVG Security Toolbar (Yahoo Search bar)
* BitComet – Google Toolbar
* BitTorrent 6.1.2 – Ask Toolbar
* BurnAware Free – Ask Toolbar.
* CCleaner (standard installer) – Yahoo Toolbar <<<Offers â€˜Liteâ€™ version, without toolbar
* Comodo Internet Security, Antivirus & Firewall – Ask Toolbar (added 12/6/2008) (Comodo Firewall Pro installer has Ask Toolbar too, in case you still have the installer). Note: CIS now have HopSurf Toolbar which has Ask Search
* Corel Paint Shop Pro X – Yahoo! Toolbar but not pre-checked.
* CPU-Z – Ask Toolbar. Screenshot and info here.
* Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 – Google Toolbar and BETA of Moovielive
* Daemon Tools – Search tool and sponsor ad module
* Defraggler – Yahoo Toolbar
* DivX – Yahoo Toolbar
* Foxit Pdf Reader – Ask Toolbar and ebay shortcut in desktop
* Free Download Manager – prechecked and bundles Software Informer
* Freecommander – ebay shortcuts. Thanks to member sharp
* Glary Utilities – Ask Toolbar
* GOM Player – Google Toolbar . This is now offering Ask Toolbar.
* GoogleTalk – no addon but will change default search setting of IE
* GoogleEarth – Pre checked Google Toolbar installation
* ICQ 6 – ICQ Toolbar
* IrfanView (Google Toolbar for IE and Google Desktop Search)
* Isobuster – Ask Toolbar (see post and screenshot by member nickW here)
* Logitech Setpoint (Logitech Yahoo! Toolbar)
* Maxathon 2 – Facebook Sidebar Plugin
* McAfee Site Advisor update – (Yahoo! default browser search)
* MP3 WMA Converter – Yahoo Search and Delio Comparsion Shopping Toolbar
* MyPhoneExplorer – offering ebay shortcuts and taskbar as per member sharp
* Nero Burning Rom or Nero 9 Essentials – Ask Toolbar
* Norton products – Ask Search in Norton toolbar. No option to remove and it was pushed by including in a Norton patch.
* Office Live add-in – includes Silverlight as add-on
* OpenCandy – offering third party software. Report says that even if you do not install the 3rd party software, there is modification in the registry, files and will add tracking cookies. There’s also Conduit Toolbar in the page.
* PalTalk – Ask Toolbar. There’s a nag screen prompting to upgrade from free to paid edition. No way to turn off the nag.
* PC Tools Firewall Plus – Google Toolbar and Threatfire
* PDFCreator – Yahoo Toolbar.
* Recuva – Yahoo toolbar
* RealPlayer – Google Toolbar ,RealPlayer installer have Google Chrome as pre-checked.
* Shockwave Player – Norton Security Scan or Google Toolbar
* SIW (System Information for Windows) – Crawler Toolbar
* Skype – Google Toolbar
* Spyware Doctor – Google Toolbar
* Spyware Terminator – Web security guard, Crawler
* Sun Java RE (online installer) – Google Toolbar / Live Search for Windows Toolbar.
* Sun Java – OpenOffice.org
* Trillian – Ask Toolbar and Weather Channel Desktop
* Unlocker 1.8.7 – eBay Desktop shortcuts
* uTorrent – Ask Toolbar. Thanks to PM by member sharp! Screenshot here
* Veoh media player – Yahoo toolbar, search engine change & search protection
* Webroot SpySweeper – Ask Toolbar (This toolbar is detected as spyware/adware by several vendors)
* Winamp – Winamp Toolbar
* Windows Live Installer – Windows Live Toolbar and Sign-in Assistant
* Windows Update – Windows Genuine Advantage Notification – (pre-checked, not required, should not be high-priority)
* Windows SteadyState – Windows Live Toolbar
* Winzip – RegistryBooster (new screenshot by Pat over here). Now offering Google Toolbar
* xplorer2Lite – Conduit toolbar
* YaHoo! Instant Messenger – YaHoo! toolbar, with â€˜YaHoo! Search Protectionâ€™ and homepage change to YaHoo!
* ZoneAlarm – SpyBlocker (Ask Toolbar) (This toolbar is detected as spyware/adware by several vendors)
You can place your comments below if i missed something or if any of the above apps have changed some toolbars, apps associated with their installer. I would love to update the above list based on your comments.