Today , Microsoft made available the final version of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) after months of beta phases and a Release candidate.
Some of the new features which comes with this newÂ version making it faster and easier for how people really browse the web every day
- Address bar. Searches across your history and favorites
- Search box. Visual Search suggestions, Quick Pick, search results from your browsing history.
- Accelerators. Immediate in-page access to the services of your choice.
- Web slices. One click access from the Favorites bar to the services you choose. Live previews and automatic updates.
- Tab grouping and coloring. Automatic tab organization and easier to multitask.
- â€œNew Tabâ€ experience. Easy access to your last browsing session or closed tabs.
- Favorites Bar. One click to add a favorite to the bar; and once click access to favorites, web slices, and feeds.
- Real world Performance.Â Top sites load fast on IE8.
- Find bar. Easily find and highlight text on the current web page.
- Suggested Sites. Discover more sites on the web that are similar to the sites you already enjoy.
- Toolbar close box. Easy to enable or disable toolbars
- Add-on load time. See and control which add ons affect IE performance.
- Safer, protecting real people from the real threats on the web
- Malware protection. Prevents installation of malicious software
- Cross-site Scripting Filter. Protection from web site attacks.
- Tab isolation and Automatic Crash Recovery. Keep browsing even if a site or control crashes.
- Domain highlighting in the address bar. Easy to see what site youâ€™re really on.
- InPrivate Browsing. ProtectionÂ — never saves your browsing history.
- InPrivate Filtering. Avoid third-party web tracking
- Delete items from the Address bar. More over the shoulder privacy.
- Search settings protection. Your search provider is always your choice.
- Clickjacking protection. Protection from a class of exploits involving mouse click redirection tricks
- Per User/Site ActiveX. Additional protection from repurposed ActiveX controls.
- DEP/NX. Protection from a class of memory exploits
- More-secure mashups for developers with new functions and support for new standards-based mechanisms (ToStaticHTML(), XDomainRequest; Native JSON support, postMessage()).
Download it here.
Windows XP 64 Bit
Windows Vista 64 Bit
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2003 64 Bit
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 64 Bit