If you do frequent changes in files and folders on different systems for your work and forget to synchronize them at each place , then FreeFileSync can be helpful to you.
FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is used for fast and easy configurable sync operations between two folders without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces
1. Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
2. No limitations: An arbitrary number of files can be synchronized.
3. Unicode support.
4. Network support.
5. Lean & easily accessible UI: Highly optimized for speed and huge sets of data.
6. Algorithms coded in C++ completely.
7. Progress indicators are updated only every 100ms for optimal performance!
8. Subfolders are also synchronized, including empty folders.
9. Support for multiple folder pairs
10. Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
11. Focus on usability:
– Only necessary functionality on UI: no overloaded menus or icon jungle.
– Select folders via drag & drop.
– Last configuration and screen settings are saved automatically.
– Maintain and load different configurations by drag&drop, load-button or during startup.
– Double-click to show file in explorer. (Windows only)
– Copy & paste support to export file-lists.
– Delete superfluous/temporary files directly on main grid.
– Right-click context menu.
– Status information and error reporting
– Sort file-lists by name, size or date.
– Display statistical data: total filesizes, amount of bytes that will be transfered with the current settings.
12. Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
13. Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
14. Automatically ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” when comparing and sync’ing. (Windows only)
15. Localized versions for many languages are available.
16. Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages with large sync-operations.
17. Based on wxWidgets framework => Portable to many operating systems.
18. Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization (without re-compare!).
19. Include/exclude specific files from synchronization manually.
20. Create sync jobs via GUI to synchronize automatically (can be scheduled or executed directly).
21. Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes correctly
22. Portable version (.zip) available
23. No Windows registry entries for portable version
24. Support for \? path prefix for unrestricted path length (windows only)
1.) Synchronize in Batch Mode and send error notification via email:
2.)Â Â Â Schedule Batch Job in Windows Task Planner.