Google released the real-time location tool Google Latitude and opened up a new world of location-based services (LBS) for both PC and mobile phone users.Latitude enables you to track friends, family, employees and so on â€” and vice-versa â€” in real time.
Google Latitude is available on the following mobile devices wherever Google Maps for mobile v3.0 and above is supported:
- Android-powered devices with Maps v3.0 and above. G1 users in the US will be receiving Maps v3.0 in a system update soon.
- Most color BlackBerry devices
- Most Windows Mobile 5.0 and above devices. Note: Some Windows Mobile devices don’t support cell-ID location detection.
- Most Symbian S60 devices
Coming soon! (Not supported now)
- iPhone and iPod touch devices with the Google Mobile App (in the US)
- Many Sony Ericsson devices
Google Latitude allows you to share your location with friends and view their locations on a map.
Latitude is completely opt-in, so you must enable it before you can start sharing location and can disable it at any time.
With Latitude, you can also:
- Share your location and status updates with the friends you choose
- See on a map where your friends are and what they’re up to
- Quickly contact them with text message, instant message, or phone call
- Control how much or how little location info you want to share with whomever you choose.
You can start using it right now Â byÂ Clicking here.