This is the 25th in series of Giveaways in Avinashtech Birthday Celebrations i.e. ABC-25. We are giving away 25 licenses of Spyshelter to Avtechies.
PS:- The review is done by our Forum Member Grr and one license is reserved for him.
Anti-Spy & Anti-Keylogging tool SpyShelter uses special algorithms to protect you and your data against:
* Spy and monitoring software that are used to steal or reveal your data to other parties.
* Extremely dangerous and custom-made keyloggers that steal information you send via your computers- these are favorite tools of cyber criminals.
- KeyLogger protection (kernel mode also)
- Webcam Logger protection
- System Defense
- Internet security
- Clipboard Logger protection
- Screen Logger protection
- Anti Sound logger (World first)
Spyshelter is very useful software to prevent any unauthorized access of your keyboard, clipboard, screen, sound and webcam.
Some trojans or worms aka. loggers get installed on your system and they record every keystroke for example, and send to their server. This had actually happened to me where somehow I got infected even when I had an antivirus and a firewall.
Consider this: while doing online shopping you use your credit card information. These loggers then record this information which could be used for unauthorized purchases made on your behalf. And these kind of *NEW* attacks other than virus are becoming more common. It is better to prevent, rather than pay off for someone using your credit card.
It also includes host-based intrusion prevention system, HIPS protection to provide you security over host-based attacks. It analyzes events occurring within the host for any suspicious activity and blocks it.
The first installation requires a reboot (better do) to block any existing loggers. You will get lots of prompts about applications that are trying to access your keyboard, webcam, sound (skype, FireFox, Explorer.exe, notepad, outlook and many others). So initially you have to spend some time to select and train the program to build your â€œwhitelistâ€ of approved applications. After that it would not prompt for these â€œwhitelistedâ€ applications.
Please be aware that some Security Software may detect Spyshelter as a false positive, as it is related to logging. Make sure you give the permissions to install it.
Use the following Security Test tool from Spyshelter to test if you are currently protected against unknown keyloggers and spyware:
1. The Main Window shows if the system is protected or not and lists the allowed processes/programs.
2. Protection tab shows what all options are enabled.
3. In case any program is blocked it shows a prompt as discussed above, to either allow, deny it to access.
4. Additionally it also allows to uploading program in question to automatically be uploaded to Virus Total for checking.
5. The black/White lists tab shows what all applications/programs are allowed/blocked. It also shows the detailed information when selected.
6. The Log window gives the details on all the logging activity.
7. From the settings and security tab you could further change the settings as per your need.
8. In case any application/program is attempting to disable Spyshelter, it shows a warning window.
9. The right click context menu provides an easy way to do the following
- add to restrict list
- run as restricted
- add to exclude list
1. GUI is of fixed size.
2. There is no warning on uninstallating. This is a MUST, as some rogue application may try to uninstall it, without your permission.
We have Twenty Five (25) Licenses ofÂ Spyshelter to giveaway . The rules are simple. For being eligible to participate in contest/draw, you need to do the following:
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Share it on Facebook or twitter if you have a account there.
- Leave a comment below telling why you would like to have Spyshelter License.
Forum Discussion thread: Spyshelter Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback