Even though most Windows users are satisfied with standard Windows explorer which comes with Windows Operating System, there are a section of users who need a better File Management utility than the standard Windows Explorer. Multi Commander isÂ one such replacement for your Windows Explorer with multi-tab feature and efficient dual-panel layout. Multi Commander used to be a paid utility but just few days ago the Developer decided to make it free till further notice.
- Tabs allowing you to have multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing.
- Background work for all tasks that takes time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruptions.
- Customize the layout and colors to fit your styling needs.
- Extensions and plugins that will increase the functionality of Multi Commander.
- FTP, Registry , Zip, 7-Zip, Rar , Tar , GZ , Bz2 , JarÂ Support
- View and Change file permissions, Take ownership of files.
- Picture tools like Convert / Rotate Pictures, View/Remove EXIFÂ tags, Adjust EXIFÂ Date of pictures.
- Show Movie information from IMDB/Rotten tomato as extra columns on you movie files.
- Audio tools like View Audio file properties, View/Edit MP3 Tags.
- Open API for developers to create extensions and plugins.
- Remember selections when you get back from another location when browsing the filesystem.
- Use mouse and drag and drop or use quick keyboard command for all the task.
- FileOperations plugins that can automatically sort / unpack files when they areÂ moved or copied.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size, as ASCII/Unicode/UTF8/Binary and Hex.
- Both 32bit and 64bit versions available.
- Handle folders with many thousands of files with easy, And use power full filters to limit what you want to view.
- Compare folders and select the files and folders that are different, that are the same and many other options.
- Power full script engine allowing you to create script that automate tasks.
- Portable. Can be installed and run from portable (USB) device. Will not write any settings/session info on host computer.
It lets you copy, move, rename, view along with advanced task like Auto-unpacking , Auto-sorting , Browse inside archives, Workspace support, Scripting, Searching etc. easily. If you are not happy with your Windows Explorer, give it a try and you wont regret it.