Metro UI is one of the best features of Windows 8 Developer preview. Most people who have installed Windows 8 on their system are enjoying the Metro UI. As this si a developer preview edition of Windows 8, hence avaergae users are not encouraged to test it by installing it on their system. For those average users, if they want they can have Metro UI too on their Windows 7 or Windows vista system just by installing a small utility called Newgen.
NewgenÂ is an application that brings the new Metro UI to your desktop. It is a set of live widgets that shows some content from the web and some from your PC. Newgen supportsÂ WPF,Â HTML5, andÂ HTMLÂ widgets.
- Support for HTML widgets
- Launch your favourite apps and webs in one click
- Customize as you want
- Switch to your opened apps, in just few clicks
- Get Windows 8 Metro UI to your desk
- Play your videos and music, view your pictures without opening them
- Get your tweets, mails and weather reports in front of your eye, just sitting
- Provides easy-to-use API for Widget developers
So if you are windows 7 or Windows Vista and want to enjoy Metro UI on your existing system, just download the Newgen installer and install it on your system. Its quite responsive and smooth. I even tried to test it on Windows XP but it produced errors even though a bit of it was working. So install it only on windows 7 or windows vista.