I do not have any idea about how many of you have used ImgBurn or even heard about it. We have talked about CD/DVD burning software before too like Burnaware Free and Nero- a paid one. Burnaware is a great CD/DVD burning tool which I use quite often. Nero these days is too bloated to use and I have completely discarded it. Today we will talk about ImgBurn which is a excellent CD/DVD burning application. You may call it best if you can live with a not so great interface.
ImgBurn is a simple and lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application having loads of features. It has several ‘Modes’, each one for performing a different task:
- Read – Read a disc to an image file
- Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write – Write an image file to a disc
- Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery – Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
It provides a wizard like interface when you run it and gives you various options which are quite easy to understand for anyone. Also you will see a window below it just like a notepad telling you whats going on and other technical details. Even though this looks too simple and clear enough, but if you are a advance user and want to dive deep into settings , there are loads of options you can choose from or change as per your needs.
It supports BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG, PDI file formats and can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV. You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
PS : It does include Ask.com Toolbar which you can de-select while installing.