Most Apple iPhone 4S and iPad 2 owners were waiting for the release of untethered Jailbreak for their devices and finally it got released yesterday by “Dream team” consisting of @planetbeing, the legendary hacker behind iPhone Linux and lot of jailbreaks (see the iPhone wiki),Â (@MuscleNerd), the leader of the iPhone Dev Team and (@tp0sixninja), the leader of the Chronic Dev Team,Â apart from @pod2g. They are finally able to release a unthered Jailbreak for the A5 devices i.e iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Most Apple users must be aware that untethered Jailbreak for A4 devices are already out and only A5 devices were left out to be jailbroken.
For Mac only, the Graphical user interface GUI version for the Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is released now. GUI version for Windows Jailbreak is still to be released. If you are a windows user with no access to a Mac and still you want to jailbreak your device, then you can use the CLI tool which basically uses the Commond line Interface or the DOS window which most Windows users know. Even though this CLI method is only for advanced users, still even a novice user can use it to Jailbreak the A5 device.
The supported firmware versions will be:
- iPhone4S: 5.0 (9A334), 5.0.1 (9A405) and the â€œotherâ€ 5.0.1 (9A406)
- iPad2: 5.0.1 (9A405)
You can download the CLI mentioned in the post here.Â Version 0.4.3 adds support for Windows users. Â It also makes the â€œ-jâ€ jailbreak option much more functional 🙂 Â See the README.txt for usage. After download, extract the files in a folder. Usually the default folder name will beÂ cinject_0.4.3. Now just place this folder at a convenient location like just at the root directory of C drive.
- Run CMD.exe as Administrator. You can just right click on cmd.exe in Windows programs and click on “Run as Administrator”. (Cmd.exe can easily be found by searching it in the search box).
- Now just change the directory of cmd.exe to the cinject_0.4.3folder.
- Run the command by typing it in the cmd.exe window and hit Enter key: cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig . You will get a window on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S to install a VPN profile. Just click on Install on your device to install the VPN profile.
- Run the command: cinject.exe -j payloads
- Run the command: cinject.exe -w
- toggle the VPN switch in settings i.e enable the VPN. When you enable the VPN switch,Â lot of texts will start appearing fast in the cmd box
- Wait, then it should restart. Cydia is now installed, and your device is now free
If you keep getting error while trying to Jailbreak, the best option is to do a clean restore of your device and then apply the Jailbreak procedure. It worked for me this way only for my iPad 2.
I jailbreaked my iPad 2 using a Windows System having a 64 bit Operating system i.e Win 7 – 64 bit. Hence you should not be worried if you are on a 64 bit Operating system.