How often you try to find out whats going on in your system including details likeÂ running processes, registry, drivers,Â startup items, network connections. Generally, for a average user, its very difficult to find the information like these unless he knows how to dive deep into Windows system.
Today we will talk about a great diagnostic tool from ESET called ESET SysInspector which provides youÂ details such as running processes, registry content,drivers, startup items and network connections from deep inside the system.
- Ability to generate and save a detailed log to be used by an IT expert or uploaded to an online forum for diagnosis
- Option to exclude private, personal information from being saved in logs
- Integrated Anti-Stealth technology allows discovering hidden objects (e.g. rootkits) in MBR, registry entries, drivers, services and processes
- Ability to compare two existing logs for differences makes it easy to detect changes over time
- Log entries are assigned a color code risk level for easy filtering
- Intuitive hierarchical navigation of logs
- Fast and compact single file executable, ideal for first responders to run from a USB drive without lengthy installation
For ease of use the Main Window is divided into four major sections â€“ Program Controls (1) located on the top of the Main Window, the Navigation Window (3) on the left and the Description window (2) on the right in the middle and the Details Window (4) on the right at the bottom of the Main Window. The section Log Status (5) lists the basic parameters of a log (filter used, filter type, is the log a result of a comparison etc.).
SysInspector applies its inbuiltÂ heuristics to assign a particular color coded risk level for closer examinationÂ for each object logged which helps in easy identification of any issue that may cause problems to your system. A great feature comes in the form of Risk slider and you can just slide the slider from a lower risk to higher risk level and then can see only those details pertaining to that risk level.
The tool supports Microsoft Windows 7,Vista, Windows XP,Windows 2000, Windows Server 2008 (Server Core edition as well)Windows Server 2003. It also supportsÂ both 32 bit and 64 bit Operating Systems.
Keep in mind that this tool is only diagnostic tool and it only displays the information to you. Its up to you that how you interpret the data provided by this tool. Even if it says that aÂ particularÂ file or process is of high risk level, still you need to decide about it. And if you feel that something is wrong with your system, you need to use other tools like Antivirus solutions etc. to fix those issues.