Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 is a comprehensive Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus solution for your PC. It offers real-time protection as well as on-demand scanning incorporating two powerful scanning engines: Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and Ikarus Anti-Virus engine.
The main screen shows your Security Status. On this screen, you can view your real-time protection status as well as details about your last scan, update information, and Emsisoft news.
Real-time protection incorporates 3 different guards: File Guard, Behavior Blocker, and Surf Protection.
File Guard scans files before they are executed, or the File Guard can be set to scan other file actions such as moving or downloading from the internet. This will protect the user from executing a malicious file by warning the user that the file is suspect.
Behavior Blocker monitors potentially dangerous and malicious behavior such as backdoor, spyware, hijacker, Trojan, worm, and other suspicious behavior. Behavior Blocker blocks all dangerous programs before they have a chance to cause any damage. The Behavior Blocker module immediately warns you when a program attempts to perform a potentially dangerous operation.
Surf Protection as the name implies, protects the user when surfing the internet. Surf Protection provides an extra layer of security to protect you from suspicious websites. With Surf Protection enabled, you can choose which actions to set including the ability to “Don’t block”, “Alert”, “Block and notify” or “Block silentlyâ€. You can apply these actions to:
- Ad/tracking hosts
- Malware Hosts
- Exploiting hosts
- Fraudulent hosts
- HiJacking hosts
- Phishing hosts
- Warez hosts
- Other malicious hosts
Emsisoft Anti-Malware uses two different scanning engines to locate and detect malware on your system: the Emsisoft Anti-Malware engine, and the Ikarus Anti-Virus engine. The incorporation of two different scanning engines improves detection rates as well as scanning times vs. scanning with two separate programs. Iâ€™ve noticed when comparing previous versions of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, that scanning speed has improved dramatically. Emsisoft states that with version 6.0, scanning speed has increased 450% on average. While I cannot determine exactly the percentage of speed increase I have noticed on my own system, I can say that scan speeds are noticeable faster while scanning the same objects.
Users can specify what type of scan they would like to perform on their system. The options include:
- Quick Scan – Scans all active programs and Spyware traces
- Smart Scan â€“ Same as the Quick Scan but also scans Windows files
- Deep Scan – Â Thoroughly scans all files on the Hard Drive
- Custom Scan â€“ Allows you to create and save customs scans with the configuration settings
When an object is detected, Emsisoft Anti-Malware offers 3 ways to clean or remove infections. When a Malware infection is detected, the scanner puts the found objects under quarantine or deletes them. You can also use advanced options to delete Malware manually. It includes HiJackFree which is a tool that helps you have all processes, services, auto-runs, open ports, browser plug-ins and host entries under your control. Emsisoft also gives you the option to work with them step-by-step to help get rid of any difficult infections.
- Comprehensive PC protection against viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, worms, bots, keyloggers and rootkits.
- 2 combined scanners – Anti-Virus + Anti-Malware
- 3 guards against new infections – file guard, behavior blocker and surf protection
Overall I have been very pleased with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. I have been using the program for quite some time now and have grown to trust itâ€™s capabilities to detect and remove malicious files. Detection rates have been very good for me as well as prevention and scan times. Iâ€™ve also noticed that false positives have been reduced for me. Occasionally it will detect some of these files, but it seems to be a lot less frequent then it used to be.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware in my opinion is an excellent program as your main or supplemental PC security setup.
Thanks to Emsisoft, we are giving away 25 license keys of EmsisoftÂ Anti-MalwareÂ Â to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw.
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Tell us using comments, why you would like to have a license for this application.
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).