The last service pack for Microsoft Office 2007 has been released by Microsoft. You can now download Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) from Microsoft servers. Service pack 3 (SP3) includesÂ latest updates to the Office 2007 suite along with all previously unreleased fixes made specifically for this service pack. This service pack comes with general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security,Â all the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through September 2011.
As this is a cumulative update so you can install service pack 3 (SP3) directly on Microsoft office 2007 irrespective of the fact that it has any of the previous service packs being installed or not.
Overview of the 2007 Office suite SP3 improvements
- Documents that require custom security trimming are not returned from alert search queries, even if the user who created the alert could see and query for these documents.
- Non-Unicode characters in certain error message strings now display correctly.
- Four new bibliography styles are now available in the “Word Citations & Bibliography” feature: Harvard Anglia, IEEE, APA Sixth Edition, and MLA Seventh Edition.
- Chinese New Year holiday is now included in the Outlook calendar for Singapore.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel 2007 sometimes crashes when you open an Excel workbook previously saved in a newer version of Excel. This occurs if the file uses a new feature that is not available in the 2007 Office system.
- Fixes issues with the Pre and Post ReformÂ rules in the French Thesaurus.
- Fixes an issue in which encryption settings are not configurable when they are used with a file format compatibility pack converter and Office 2003 or an earlier version of Office.
- Fixes an issue in which a crash sometimes occurs when an ExcelÂ workbook is opened in Excel and then previewed by using the Windows Explorer preview pane feature.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel Slicers and Ribbon customizations are lost when an XLSX file is first saved as an ODS file, and then saved as an XLSX file in Excel 2007.
The installer for english version is ~351 MB. If you want the service pack in a different language, you can change using the dropdown menu and download the respective file.