Today , Microsoft made available the final version of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) after months of beta phases and a Release candidate.
Some of the new features which comes with this newÂ version making it faster and easier for how people really browse the web every day
- Address bar. Searches across your history and favorites
- Search box. Visual Search suggestions, Quick Pick, search results from your browsing history.
- Accelerators. Immediate in-page access to the services of your choice.
- Web slices. One click access from the Favorites bar to the services you choose. Live previews and automatic updates.
- Tab grouping and coloring. Automatic tab organization and easier to multitask.
- â€œNew Tabâ€ experience. Easy access to your last browsing session or closed tabs.
- Favorites Bar. One click to add a favorite to the bar; and once click access to favorites, web slices, and feeds.
- Real world Performance.Â Top sites load fast on IE8.
- Find bar. Easily find and highlight text on the current web page.
- Suggested Sites. Discover more sites on the web that are similar to the sites you already enjoy.
- Toolbar close box. Easy to enable or disable toolbars
- Add-on load time. See and control which add ons affect IE performance.
- Safer, protecting real people from the real threats on the web
- Malware protection. Prevents installation of malicious software
- Cross-site Scripting Filter. Protection from web site attacks.
- Tab isolation and Automatic Crash Recovery. Keep browsing even if a site or control crashes.
- Domain highlighting in the address bar. Easy to see what site youâ€™re really on.
- InPrivate Browsing. ProtectionÂ — never saves your browsing history.
- InPrivate Filtering. Avoid third-party web tracking
- Delete items from the Address bar. More over the shoulder privacy.
- Search settings protection. Your search provider is always your choice.
- Clickjacking protection. Protection from a class of exploits involving mouse click redirection tricks
- Per User/Site ActiveX. Additional protection from repurposed ActiveX controls.
- DEP/NX. Protection from a class of memory exploits
- More-secure mashups for developers with new functions and support for new standards-based mechanisms (ToStaticHTML(), XDomainRequest; Native JSON support, postMessage()).
Download it here.