PS: This review is done by our Forum Member Jeremy and licenses being sponsored by Ashampoo, thanks to the efforts made by Jeremy.
In co-operation with Ashampoo, we have 10 Licenses of Ashampoo Anti-Malware which include 1 year of signature updates to giveaway to Avinashtech members.
The comprehensive security solution protects your PC and your data from external threats and blocks viruses, trojans, worms, malware, rootkits, bots, spyware and adware efficiently without putting so much as a strain on your computerâ€™s performance. In addition, the software offers a variety of security tools (e.g. File Wiper, Internet Cleaner, Startup Tuner etc.) based on our prize winning Ashampoo WinOptimizer series.
Ashampoo Anti-Malware comes with two scanners (anti-spyware and anti-virus) of renown software producers and therefore ensures your pcâ€™s protection from online and offline threats alike. By integrating both engines in one program, the scan time is reduced significantly in comparison to two separately operating programs.
First, let us take a look at the programs interface
Ashampoo Anti-Malwareâ€™s interface is nice and clean. The top of the main screen has a toolbar to select actions and options including Overview, Scan, Quarantine, Logs, Scheduler, Tools, Options, and Internet & Help. Below the top toolbar, there are icons you can select to scan, and for Updates. On the overview screen, you can see the status of your systemâ€™s protection as well as Information and statistics. On this screen, you can also enable or disable system protection features.
Now weâ€™ll take a look at the features and functions
- Heuristic analysis designed to detect unknown threats
- Protection against more than 3.000.000 potential threats from the web
- Rootkit Detector 2: Improved protection against invisible threats
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)
- Real-time protection enables for considerably safer execution on driver level and takes care of the following Windows areas:
- BHO (Browser Helper Objects): Detects and blocks unwanted BHO installations (+disables them permanently if desired)
- Winsock-LSP (Layered Service Provider): Detects and blocks unwanted LSP installations (+disables them permanently if desired)
- Windows HOSTS file (anti pharming): Gives warning of Windows HOSTS file entries
- Autostart entries: Detects and blocks unwanted autostart entries (+disables them permanently if desired)
- ActiveX installations: Detects and blocks unapproved ActiveX installations
- â€œLiveâ€ logging: Displays all monitored objects of the real-time protection in a clearly arranged manner
Ashampoo Anti-Malware also features:
- File Wiper: Completely eliminates all traces of sensitive files from your hard drive
- Internet Cleaner: Clear browser cache, cookies and internet history
- Hostsfile Checker: Reports suspicious entries (redirected DNS entries) in hosts file and blocks them on demand
- ADS Scanner: Search for invisible streams on NTFS volumes and erase them
- Start-up Tuner: Shut down inconvenient autostart entries at once
- Process Manager: Lists all active processes giving corresponding information and enables termination of suspicious processes
- Rootkit Detector 2: Searches the OS for hidden rootkits and removes them in an instance
- LSP Viewer: Administrate all installed Winsock layer that can influence network activity
Scanning is incredibly easy with 4 options to choose from:
Â· Entire System
Â· System Area
Â· Check for Rootkits
Ashampoo Anti-Malware is an excellent choice for system protection against:
- Â Keyloggers, Trojans, and Rootkits
- Â Worms, Viruses, and Bots
- Â Dialers
- Â Spyware, Adware, Hijacker, and Tracking Cookies
Special thanks to Melanie Obermeyer of Ashampoo for making this Giveaway possible.