Ad-Aware Pro is a comprehensive security software solution to protect your PC from these types of threats. It features complete malware protection including anti-virus, anti-spyware, real-time protection, and automatic updates.
Here is a quick run-down of Ad-aware Proâ€™s features
- Complete Malware Protection, including Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
- Ad-Watch Live! Expert Real-time Protection
- Genocode Detection Technology
- Behavior-Based Heuristics Detection
- Expert Level Rootkit Removal System
- The Neutralizer Malware Removal Tool
- Do Not Disturb Mode
- Including Process Watch, AutoStart Manager, Hosts File Editor, and ThreatWork
- Network Drive Scanning
- Automatic Pulse Updates & Free Technical Support
Now letâ€™s go a little more in-depth about the programs features:
Ad-Aware Pro Main Screen
The main screen of Ad-Aware Pro is laid out in a simple, easy-to-use format. From the main screen, you can use the Web Update feature to ensure you have the latest updates and definitions; it also displays the status of updates below the Web Update Icon. It will let you know if new definitions and/or updates are available and will also let you know if Ad-Aware Pro is up-to-date.
Also on the main screen, you have the Scan System Icon. Use this icon to perform system scans. You can perform smart scans as well as full scans. A Smart scan scans only critical sections of your system while full scans are more thorough and scans your entire system. Once the scan is completed, The Scan Summary screen shows information about the scan that you have performed. On this screen you are presented with recommended actions to perform if threats are found, or you can manually decide how you would like to handle the threats.
Scan Mode Screen
Scan Summary Screen
Finally on the main screen you have the Ad-Watch Live! icon. Ad-Watch Live! provides Real-Time protection of your system. Ad-Watch Live! has four separate modules of protection: Files, Processes, Registry, and Network. Malicious files, malicious processes and blacklisted IPaddresses are automatically blocked. An Ad-Watch Live! notification window will inform you that it was blocked. When a suspicious file, process, or registry change is detected an Ad-Watch Live! notification window will appear in the notification area of your taskbar, giving you the choice to allow or block that particular process or registry change or addition.
Â Ad-Watch Live! Real-Time Protection Screen
In addition to the Simple Mode layout, you can switch to the Advanced Mode layout to customize all the settings.
Ad-Aware Pro also features TrackSweep. Ad-Awareâ€™s TrackSweep feature is a privacy tool that allows you to remove all traces of your Internet browsing from your system. By checking the boxes next to the items of your choice and clicking â€œSweep Nowâ€, the tracks left behind when you surf the Internet will be cleaned from Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera web browsers.
Another addition to Ad-Aware Pro is the Toolbox. These tools are stand-alone applications that add extra functionality to Ad-Aware. Included in the Toolbox are:
Process Watch – Process Watch is a powerful process viewer and manager. It is a stand-alone tool that allows you to browse and terminate running processes and their associated modules.
Host File Editor – The Hosts File Editor allows you to block advertisement sites, reverse browser hijackentries, create navigation shortcuts, assist with parental controls, and make other exceptions to regular Internet navigation.
AutoStart Manager – The AutoStart Manager is a powerful tool that lets you choose what programs and services are allowed to start automatically when Windows loads.
ThreatWork Alliance – The Lavasoft ThreatWork Alliance gives you direct access to submit suspicious files for analysis via an alliance of global anti-malware security volunteers, protecting personal computers and business networks worldwide.
Thanks to Lavasoft, we are giving away 25 license keys of Ad-Aware Pro 1 year license to readers of Avinashtech. Just follow the simple rules below to enter in this draw.
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Leave a comment below telling us why you need it. (Avoid using twitter, Facebook login to comment as I wont be able to get your email address to send you a email in case you win).
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).