Some of you may remember my previous post few months back regarding Skydrive service from Microsoft which lets you use 25 GB space for free for storing anything you want for your personal use. You can use this to store your files and can be accessed anywhere anytime using your Windows live sign in username and password adding a considerable amount of security.
Normally You need a Browser to access it using a internet enabled system. Sometime this is not a great way to access your files. Skydriver Explorer is such a tool which can let you access 25 GB Skydrive with Windows Explorer without opening any browser.
SkyDrive Explorer is a free, easy-to-use, but very powerful extension for Windows Explorer. With SkyDrive Explorer you can make any every-day operations with your documents from Microsoft Live SkyDrive™ service (read more..) using Windows Explorer, as if they were on your computer.
- View the structure and contents of folders in SkyDrive™;
- View files information (type, size, creation date in GMT format);
- Create new root folders and subfolders;
- Copy files into the storage;
- Delete files and folders;
- Copy files from the storage to the computer;
- Copy folders and subfolders from the storage to the computer keeping their structure;
- Use Drag & Drop for files operations;
- Rename files and folders;
- Create links to SkyDrive™ folders on your computer;
- Copy URL of the selected object(s) to the Clipboard;
- Automatic check for the latest version;
- Bidirectional languages support;
- Selection of your preferred interface language;
Give it a try if you use Skydrive explorer. You can even start using it even if you do not use it.